The mission of the Ascension Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness is to serve the citizens of the Parish through effective planning for natural and man-made disasters. Our goal is to save lives and to protect property through the coordination of an integrated emergency management system with all emergency response organizations, support services and volunteers. We will be an advocate for greater community efforts, including educating the general public to mitigate and prepare for potential emergencies. We will support efforts to train and exercise emergency responders in both the public and private sectors. We will manage and coordinate efforts toward a rapid recovery from disasters with an effective disaster assistance program. This office will be the point of distribution of Homeland Security information and intelligence to agencies throughout the parish. We are committed to effective actions designed to prevent some disasters and to reduce the impact of those over which we have no control.
For Emergency Response Officials
For Emergency After Hours Contacts
Do You Have Your Emergency Preparedness Plans in Place?
A local OEP office serves as a coordinating agency, not a first responding agency. All citizens, businesses, and industry should have their own self-sufficient emergency preparedness plan. NOW is the time to prepare for a disaster! Use the links on our webpage to prepare for a disaster. It could be 48 hours before government and first responders can assist you.
Remember: “The first 48 are on you”
2023 Hurricane Names
Color denotes storm strength at landfall.
Hurricane & Weather Links
National Hurricane Center:
Current Storms: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
National Weather Service:
Map of the Atlantic Ocean
- Community Awareness Emergency Response (CAER)
- LA Governor’s Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness (LAGOHSEP)
- American Red Cross (ARC)
- National Weather Service (NWS)
- National Hurricane Center
- US Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- US Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- State Tier II Reporting Requirements and Procedures
- Louisiana State Emergency Response Commission
- Louisiana State Police Emergency Services Unit (HAZMAT)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know
- SARA Title III
- National Association of SARA Title III Program Officials
- HAZMAT Nation
- Chapter 19, Article 3-Pipeline Construction and Damage Prevention
- Pipeline Permit Application