FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 12, 2011 – 6:30 p.m. – CHE
1) Meeting called to order by Finance Chairman Chris Loar. Chairman Loar offered the opening prayer and led the pledge to the flag.
2) Roll Call - PRESENT: Kent Schexnaydre, Adrian Thompson, Randy Clouatre, Chris Loar, Todd Lambert, Dennis Cullen
ABSENT: Pat Bell, Oliver Joseph, Dempsey Lambert, George Valentine, Benny Johnson
3) Chair’s Addition: NONE
4) Public Comment Period – No one signed in to speak
5) Request for annual renewal of funding for Volunteer Ascension for the year 2012 – A motion to approve the annual renewal of $20,000 was made by Councilman Randy Clouatre and seconded by Councilman Adrian Thompson. No objections. Motion passed.
6) Monthly Contracts Report – Ms. Kemlyn Bailey Lomas with the Legal Department presented the contracts report.
7) Approval of amendment to contract with Scott Fence, Co. by $1,307.20 for 160’ of additional perimeter fencing at Lamar Dixon making the contract total $57,438.20 and to authorize the Parish President to sign amendment to contract – Mr. Red Loupe presented this item to the Committee for approval. The motion to approve was made by Councilman Randy Clouatre and unanimously approved on a second by Councilman Dennis Cullen.
8) Approval of amendment to contract with Enmon Enterprises, LLC d/b/a Jani-King of Baton Rouge not to exceed $80,000 total amount of contract not to exceed $140,000 – Ms. Sandra Perera with the legal department presented this item to the Committee. A motion to approve the contract amendment was made by Councilman Adrian Thompson and unanimously approved on a second by Councilman Dennis Cullen.
9) 2011 Audit Contract Approval – Mr. Tommy LeJeune with Faulk & Winkler presented this item to the Committee for approval. Mr. Lejeuene reported that this Audit Engagement Letter would cover through the end of the fiscal year which would be December 2011.The motion to approve the Contract was made by Councilman Adrian Thompson and unanimously approved on a second by Councilman Todd Lambert.
10) Chief Financial Officer, Gwen Leblanc presented the Sales & Use Tax Report
11) Amanda Berot, Assistant Treasurer presented the Revenue & Expenditure Report
12) Bid Items: Limestone Grade 57 was presented by Ms. Joan Shivers, Purchasing Manager. Ms. Shivers reported that on September 7, 2011 the Purchasing Department received four bids. The bids were received from Bear Industries, Champagne Fuel, Coastal Bridge and Vulcan Material Company. The recommendation was for the lowest responsive bid for Bear Industries. The motion to approve Bear Industries was made by Councilman Adrian Thompson and seconded by Councilman Todd Lambert. No objections were made. The motion passed.
13) Request for Qualifications: Sorrento Sewer Improvements: Ms. Joan Shivers, Purchasing Manager presented this item. She reported that on August 9, 2011 the Purchasing Department received nine proposals for the Sorrento Sewer Improvements. They were from All Salt Consulting, H. David Cole and Associates, Pinnacle Engineering, Professional Engineering and Environmental Consulting, Professional Engineering Consulting, Providence-GSE, S and B Infrastructures, Stuart Consulting Group and Forte and Tablada. The recommendation of the Professional Selection Committee was for PEC – Professional Engineering Consultants Corp. and to authorize the Parish President to enter into an agreement for this service. The motion to accept the proposal was made by Councilman Adrian Thompson and seconded by Councilman Kent Schexnaydre. No objections were made. The motion passed.
14) Councilman Todd Lambert made a motion to adjourn at 6:24 PM. The motion was seconded by Councilman Dennis Cullen. The meeting adjourned.