Lucy Cason, Director
Serving the people who serve the people of Ascension Parish
Ascension Parish is a growing community with increasing demands in all areas of public service. It is the mission of the Human Resource Department to meet those needs in an efficient manner, matching the right person with the right position.
The Human Resource staff also serves the Parish of Ascension workforce in many important ways other than staffing, such as:
- Designing and administering employee benefits programs.
- Developing and administering personnel policies and procedures.
- Developing and administering job descriptions and the salary plan.
- Maintaining employee records.
- Coordinating and/or conducting employee training and development activities.
- Insuring a safe working environment for each employee, and assisting the various departments with any and all employee-related matters.
- The Parish’s greatest asset as an employer is the people who come to work each day, dedicated to providing excellent service to our citizens. As the name implies, it is the responsibility of the Human Resources Department to serve the governments most vital resource, the employees of the Parish of Ascension. We appreciate you including us in your employment search.
Job descriptions and applications are available online. Should you need assistance due to disability, please notify us in advance by mail or call (225) 450-1508.
The Parish of Ascension requires Pre-Employment Drug Screening and Background Checks after offer of employment for final clearance before reporting to work. The Parish of Ascension is an Equal Opportunity Employer.