Ascension Parish YourGOV Logo

Please note that the use of YourGOV is intended for the reporting of non-emergency issues only.  If you need immediate Police or Fire response, please call 911.

Looking to make a Mosquito Spray request?  Click here.

YourGOV is an application that allows Ascension Parish Citizens to report non-emergency issues to the Parish.  YourGOV can be used via the Web or your mobile phone.  By using YourGOV, the Citizen will be able to submit an issue and track its progress from submittal to completion via the Web. Issues are brought directly into the Parish’s Work Management solution where they can be forwarded on to the responsible department. By entering in an address or selecting a location on the map, the Citizen will be able to view where in Ascension Parish their issue is located. In addition, the Citizen will be able to view issues that have been submitted by other Citizens and track their status.

Click here to access the Ascension Parish YourGOV Portal

or download the mobile app:


The list of services to report or request using YourGOV are:

  • Bridge Repair
  • Channel Tree Removal
  • Culvert Sizing
  • Expanding Driveway/New Driveway
  • Grass/Weeds in Waterway
  • Holes in Road
  • Litter
  • Obstruction of Fire Hydrants
  • Roadside Culvert Issue
  • Roadside Culvert Stopped Up with Debris
  • Sign Down/Missing
  • Sinkhole
  • Tall Grass on Roadside Ditches
  • Tree Fell Across Road
  • Tree Limbs Hanging Across Road
  • Waterway Not Draining Properly

How does YourGOV work on the Web?

*Effective August 15, 2014 Ascension Parish has upgraded to YourGov 2.0. This version provides a more modern intuitive interface and no longer requires any plugins. YourGov 2.0 also allows the citizen to log in and check the status of their request.

When a Citizen follows the link to YourGOV Citizens Request Portal they will first see a map of the United States. The citizen can then search for Ascension Parish using the search bar located at the top of the map or use location services on their browser. At this time the citizen will be able to view all open requests. In order to submit a request the citizen will need to log in (if they already have an account) or click the Sign Up button located in the upper right corner. Once successfully registered and logged in, the Citizen can select Add Request and enter an address or click on the map, select an issue and the date the issue was observed and enter any pertinent details. Once submitted, the issue will be reviewed by Parish Staff and the appropriate action will be taken.

How Do I Track My Submitted Issues?

Upon Submittal, the Citizen will be able to look at the issues they have submitted by selecting the My Requests button in the upper right hand corner of the screen. To view other requests, select All Requests in the upper right hand corner. Blue dots on the map represent where different issues have been reported and the issue that is currently being viewed will have an orange halo surrounding it. The Citizen can check on their submitted issues by logging in to see what Activity has been assigned to the issue and any notes Parish Staff have submitted regarding the issue.

Can I Submit An Issue From My Cell Phone?

Yes, you can! YourGOV currently supports the Apple iPhone and Android. A solution for Blackberry phones is in development. As with the web application, a Citizen can report an issue which in turn will be brought into the Parish’s Work Management solution. To download the YourGOV phone application, please search for it in the App Store or in the Google Market.

What Is The History Of YourGOV?

YourGOV was developed by Cartegraph, a municipal technology provider that Ascension Parish has been partnering with to assist in providing asset and work management solutions. With over 1,000 clients in North America, the YourGOV applications are widely available. For more information on Cartegraph, please visit their website.

YourGOV Questions?

Having trouble with YourGOV? Please contact the Office of Technology for Ascension Parish at 225-450-1050.

Go to top